Crosslet House
Crosslet House

Admissions to a care home in West Dunbartonshire which has had 15 deaths since March 24 should be suspended, Scottish Labour’s Jackie Baillie has said.

Dumbarton MSP and Scottish Labour deputy leader Ms Baillie has raised concerns over the handling of the outbreak at Crosslet House. This follows contact by a whistleblower concerned about the number of deaths at the care home run by West Dunbartonshire Council.

Ms Baillie has reiterated Scottish Labour’s call for the testing of staff and residents to be prioritised to stop the spread of Covid-19 at care homes, and said every Crosslet House resident should be tested as a matter of urgency.

Dumbarton MSP and Scottish Labour deputy leader Jackie Baillie said: “It is devastating to hear that 15 people have died at Crosslet House, and my thoughts are with the families of residents affected at this time.

“I am concerned about the way in which this outbreak appears to have been handled. Given that no testing has taken place, it is alarming that senior staff have reportedly described Crosslet House as ‘Covid-19-free’. I also understand that only one of the residents had been taken to hospital.

“Families across Scotland are understandably worried about loved ones living in care homes. They are also angry that so few tests have been carried out, and that protective equipment is in too many cases still not reaching the front line. Now more than ever we must follow the World Health Organisation’s advice and ‘test, test, test’.

“Every single resident at Crosslet House must be tested immediately along with staff and there must be no new admissions by West Dunbartonshire Council while this outbreak is being controlled.”

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search