Patients across Scotland are being let down by the SNP Government in Edinburgh, the latest weekly figures published today have shown.
- The SNP have missed their target of 95% of A&E patients in Scotland seen within 4 hours by nearly 10%
- Over 500 patients waited more than 8 hours
- 186 patients waited more than 12 hours
- 9 out of Scotland’s 14 Health Boards missed the 95% target for patients waiting 4 hours
- Only 12 of the 32 A&E departments covered met the target
Too many patients are in Scotland are being let down by the SNP. Despite repeated promises from Shona Robison to get on top of the problem, only 12 of 32 A&E departments in Scotland have met their target.
The latest weekly figures show that, under the SNP, nearly 200 patients waited more than 12 hours in our A&E departments and over 500 waited more than 8 hours in one week alone. That simply is not good enough.
We need to give our NHS the support it needs to deliver the care Scots deserve. Scottish Labour would use the revenue from a tax on properties worth over £2 million to deliver extra support for our NHS in Scotland, like 1,000 extra nurses, some of whom would work in A&am