Jackie Baillie has urged off-grid householders, care home residents and those staying in caravans to apply for government help to pay their energy bills.

While most households have been receiving £400 from the UK Government to help towards their bills, those who pay for energy through a landlord, housing manager or site owner or those who stay off-grid have yet to receive any financial assistance. The first tranche of payments was made by the government five months ago.

A portal has now opened for those eligible to apply for the support package which will include residents of caravan sites across West Dunbartonshire, Helensburgh and Lomond. Care home residents who contribute to their energy bills are also able to apply.

It will be open until the end of May and the payment will be made in a lump sum.

Jackie Baillie, Dumbarton constituency MSP, said: “I would encourage all of my constituents who are in residential caravans or who live off-grid to ensure that they apply to the UK Government for assistance to pay their energy bills. It is unfair that this has taken so long.

“With the cost of living crisis, everyone is finding it difficult to make ends meet and it is not fair that people should be disadvantaged just because of the type of home they stay in.

“Care home residents who pay towards their energy bills should also be applying for financial assistance especially as they are on a fixed income, paying towards their residential care.

“There is help available and it is important that anyone and everyone who can access this help, does so.”

Link to Instagram Link to Twitter Link to YouTube Link to Facebook Link to LinkedIn Link to Snapchat Close Fax Website Location Phone Email Calendar Building Search