Jackie Baillie MSP paid a visit to the Royal Mail sorting office in Alexandria, to see first-hand the operation of delivering Christmas post and to pass on season’s greeting to its hardworking staff.
Jackie Baillie was shown around the office by Delivery Office Manager, David Bates, and was introduced to the hardworking and dedicated posties, who are pulling out all the stops to sort and deliver mail for Dumbarton and the Vale of Leven over the Christmas period.
The Festive Season is Royal Mail’s busiest period, as millions of people shop online for gifts and send Christmas cards and parcels. There is a huge amount of effort and dedication that goes into delivering a first-class Christmas.
Jackie Baillie MSP said “The posties at the Alexandria sorting office, are among some of the most hardworking and dedicated Royal Mail staff I have met. Christmas is one of their busiest times of the year, despite this they keep on delivering with a smile on their face.”
“Thank you to our hardworking posties”
Below are tips from the Royal Mail on how to ensure your letters, cards and parcels are delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible.
- Post early – Avoid disappointment by posting your cards and parcels early.
- Use the postcode – A clearly addressed card or parcel, with a postcode, and return address on the back of the envelope, will ensure quick and efficient delivery.
- Use Special Delivery – For valuable and important packages and parcels guarantee delivery with Royal Mail’s Special Delivery, which means your gift is tracked, traced and insured against loss.
- Wrap parcels well and always give a return address
- For more information about Royal Mail’s last recommended posting dates, please visit: www.royalmail.com/merrychristmas or call 03457 740 740.